Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Need to change just home page ad banner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:53 PM
Disciplyne

5 posts · Oct 2011
Search Need to change just home page ad banner

I'm using an ad network script to serve ads in the head portion of my website, www.thegamereviews.com . I've used the Header Image Overlay option to add the script and position it. All is well with the banner that is there, but I need to add the ability to have the script for the home page be slightly different from the rest of the website. Closest solutions I've found on the forums are:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...hlight=horbar1
AND
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...nner#post73478
Neither seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. The widget solution in the logo area either moves other elements around and shows a border or doesn't show up at all. So I've hidden the logo area and just used the image area along with the image overlay, which works great as far as it goes. But since I cannot put php in the overlay test area, I'm unable to use wordpress conditionals. The ideas discussed in the first link seem to be promising, but I haven't been able to get the banner to position were I need it. The current position is what I'm shooting for.

The Dynamic Headers plugin appear not to be an option as it only works with image file formats. I'm looking into the Widget Logic plugin, but that seems to be tied more closely into posts. All I need is for the 728 x 90 banner on the home page to run a different script than the rest of the website in the location it is in now (if possible).

Currently using Atahualpa 3.7.1 with Wordpress 3.2.1 Any thoughts, suggestions, critique, etc are welcome.

Cheers!
~DW