Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] Probs w/Feedburner comments

Old Jul 13, 2009, 11:40 AM
ariels

34 posts · Jul 2009
Seems to be a problem

In OTA-->Header--> RSS I entered my feed info: arielsilverstone/dPnA . When anyone tries to click on the comments they get "must provide valid URL" - and I found out that the forms in OTA inserts a space a-la " arielsilverstone/dPnA" and thus makes the link invalid. Help!?!?

www.arielsilverstone.com
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What have you got set up in each of the ATO->RSS Settings?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:49 AM
ariels

34 posts · Jul 2009
ATO-->Header --> RSS

Box width 280
Show post feed icon Yes
Post Feed Link Text Posts
Post Feed Link "Title" Subscribe to the POSTS feed
Show Comment Feed icon? Yes
Comment Feed Link Text Comments
Comment Feed Link "Title" Subscribe to the COMMENTS feed
Show Feedburner Email icon? Yes
Feedburner Email Link Text Email
Feedburner Email Link "Title" Subscribe by EMAIL

Feedburner ID for this site? arielsilverstone/dPnA (no space before, typed it 3 or 4 times)

OLD or NEW Feedburner account? New
Old Jul 15, 2009, 06:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What is your dashboard->Settings->permalinks set to?
the reason I ask is that when I use your info in the RSS settings and hover over the 'Comment' feed icon, my link is 'http/mydomain.org/?feed=comments-rss2' while yours is 'http://arielsilverstone.com/comments/feed/'

Also do you have any kind of redirecs with .htaccess?

Do you use the Feedburner Feedsmith Plugin?

Do you have a feedburner.google.com account or an (old, original) feedburner.com account?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 07:46 AM
ariels

34 posts · Jul 2009
Hi JD,

Here are the answers:

What is your dashboard->Settings->permalinks set to?

/%category%/%postname%/

Also do you have any kind of redirecs with .htaccess? No, but the Redirector Plugin is installed

Do you use the Feedburner Feedsmith Plugin? Yes

Do you have a feedburner.google.com account or an (old, original) feedburner.com account? New
Old Jul 16, 2009, 03:40 PM
ariels

34 posts · Jul 2009
bump.......
Old Jul 18, 2009, 02:46 AM
ariels

34 posts · Jul 2009
This is now urgent. I have over 27 users that complained that the feed does not work. I may have to jettison the Theme, which I like a lot, for this reason. What to do???
Old Jul 18, 2009, 05:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This is a wordpress issue. The problem is with the permalinks, if you set it to the default it will work.
You need to check and see if your '.htaccess' file is writable.

When you change the permalink settings, WordPress attempts to add code to the .htaccess file. If the file is not writable, if gives a warning and displays the code needed to be entered. At some point, that must have been missed.

Also, I am NOT the author of the theme nor do I work for him. Flynn asked me to become a moderator because I was being so helpful to people. That is why he also set up a donate button for me, so people could reward him for such a great theme or reward me for great help when they are desperate. I can also be contracted for private consultation.

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 7, 2009 at 05:32 AM.