Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

Godaddy and Preview DNS

Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:23 AM
lorenatwork

9 posts · Mar 2011
Godaddy and Preview DNS

I just read a blog post concerning using Godaddy hosting and their Preview DNS feature. http://powersfineart.com/wordpress-and-godaddy/

I hope this helps somebody that may be having problems.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:29 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just read and posted on that article. This is not just a GoDaddy issue. Whenever you build a site with a temp url you need to make changes to the site after go live.

GoDaddy for hosting has been problematic in my experience. It is just plain slow and the slow speed along with the cumbersome control panel makes it a hosting company I can't recommend.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:30 AM
jeremyvedder

1 posts · Jan 2013
Austin Texas
I agree 100%, Godaddy hosting has been terrible for me. I canceled and now use Hostgator. Godaddy is only interested in draining your cash and doing as little support as possible in my personal experience.