Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Home Page Suddenly Only Shows Site Directory

Old Jan 24, 2014, 04:45 AM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Sometime overnight, my site www.thinkkidthink.com stopped working properly -- the homepage now displays only a site directory, and any direct link to site content brings up a 404 Not Found error. I still have full access to the dashboard and admin area, and everything looks normal at the surface level there, but from an end user POV the site is just down. Bad timing, too, as I am just ramping up my site's main event for the year.

What could be causing this and how can I fix it? Is it a plug-in issue, theme issue, WP issue, or host issue? Have I been hacked? It's just odd and I have no idea how to solve it.

THANK YOU in advance for any help given. (I'll very happily donate $20 if mods can find a quick solution here.)

-Ed
Old Jan 24, 2014, 05:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like your index.php is missing

it might have been caused by the wordpress auto update to version 3.8.1 - I have a couple sites that were updated but they seem to be running fine.

get the latest version of WP and upload the index.php from it
Old Jan 24, 2014, 06:18 AM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Thanks for the quick reply. I do not actually auto-update WP. I am still on 3.6.1 (and Atahualpa 3.7.3).

As a potential fix, I have been getting ready to do a manual Atahualpa update according to your instructions. I'll probably go through with that anyways, but not sure if it will address the problem.

After posting, I did notice upon manually visiting my http://www.thinkkidthink.com/wp-cont...alpa/index.php page, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bfa_get_options() in /home/thinkkid/www/www/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/index.php on line 2

I searched these forums for a related error, but the resolutions seem to be related to lack of disk space associated with a theme upgrade, neither of which seem to apply in my case.

Thoughts?

Again, thanks for your help.

-Ed
Old Jan 24, 2014, 06:45 AM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Based on your comment, I updated to WP 3.8.1, which I otherwise hadn't planned on doing until after my event, but I figured it couldn't hurt at this point.

That seems to have solved the problem. Still curious as to how this could have happened?

In any case, THANK YOU! $25 in the bank!

-Ed
Old Feb 7, 2014, 05:45 PM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Hello again.

Since I updated to WP 3.8.1 to fix the issue originally reported above (see post #1 in thread), the issue has occurred twice again in the last two days. I have no idea what could be causing this to occur repeatedly.

I've been able to resolve the issue each of the last two times by simply re-installing WP 3.8.1, but that is not really a solution, particularly when I'm in the midst of a socially-driven registration campaign for an upcoming event. The site cannot go down without my knowledge for hours at a time!

I am not sure if this is an Atahualpa issue or a WP issue or what. The only new clue that I have is the message that I got this time upon re-installing, which was:

Warning: fileperms() [function.fileperms]: stat failed for /home/.../index.php in /home/.../wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 871

(where ... = domain specific)

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Ed
Old Feb 8, 2014, 06:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I have two thoughts right off

1) your host is restoring some file automatically or
2) you may be hacked

I would contact your host to see if they can help you determine which it is.
Old Feb 8, 2014, 08:41 PM
edecaria

9 posts · Jan 2013
Thanks again, juggledad.

At your suggestion, I talked to my host's support team. They've been very helpful but don't believe it's anything on their end (and I believe them).

I am doing a plug-in analysis now. Obviously I don't think it's an Atahualpa issue at this point,

Regards,

-Ed