Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

How to get rid of page titles

Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:11 AM
Babs

7 posts · May 2009
OK - I've read through http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...?t=1334&page=2 a few times but now have a headache!

Version 3.4.4

How do we remove the page title?

I've tried a few things, but none work.

So having the definitive from those who know would be useful.

Thank you

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 19, 2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 06:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
(edit: moved to new thread)

Just to make sure, are you asking how to always have the 'blog' title show at the top of the window no matter what page or post you are using? (doing this won't help with SEO)
Old Apr 4, 2010, 12:45 PM
tnc

8 posts · Mar 2009
I am trying to figure out the same thing and so far can't find an answer after searching for quite some time.

To be clear, what I am asking to do is to remove the page titles from the pages. For example, when you click on "home" the page says "home" at the top of the inside of that page. When you click on "contact Us" it says "contact us" in big bold black letters. It looks redundant as people can see the tab they clicked on and if they clicked on the wrong tab they'd be able to click on another tab. Seeing the page titles (Home, Services, Contact US. etc) on each of those pages is not appealing to the eye.

How can I remove that text from each of their pages?

Thank you for any help you can give!
Old Apr 5, 2010, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP and find teh line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); ?>
and change it to
HTML Code:
<?php if (!is_page()) {bfa_post_headline('<div class="post-headline">','</div>'); } ?>
Old May 23, 2010, 03:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
that CSS works - it stops the title of the page from displaying in the center area. It does not remove teh name of teh page from the '<title>........</title>' statement
Old May 23, 2010, 06:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm not seeing it in your CSS, did you remove it?
Old May 23, 2010, 08:28 PM
mfg070880

1 posts · May 2010
Hi,

Thanks again for your reply

I inserted it into Stylesheet (style.css), updated it and haven't removed it since...

Did I do something wrong or miss doing something?

Thanks,

- Mike
Old May 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When ever you need to add or change Atahualpa's CSS, add it via the option screen ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts. This way it becomes an option in the databace and will exist over upgrades. If you change the actual code, take good notes because if you upgrade n a year, the change you made will be gone.

The CSS for the pages is actually created in css.php so that is why it is not working, go add it to the CSS Inserts option
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:06 PM
mascara47

4 posts · Mar 2011
Sorry for reviving such an old thread. But I'm still using Atahualpa 3.4.9 because when I tried to upgrade to 3.6.4 it messed up my site so I downgraded again.

I inserted the code juggledad suggested and it worked great--the only problem is that now the first line of the page is starting too low (there's too much white space above it). It's not lining up with the top of the top widget and looks funny. What can I do to fix it? My site is www.doorwaytograce.com. Thanks for your help!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
...or you could just remove the
HTML Code:
padding-top: 20px;
that you have in the option ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->POST Container
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the setting is for the Post/Page container and it seems most people want them both to act the same.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:35 PM
mascara47

4 posts · Mar 2011
Thank you STB and juggledad! I ended up just taking out the top padding and it worked. I appreciate your help and the fast response!