Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Atahualpa 3.5.3 — Can't embed video

Old Dec 10, 2010, 02:47 PM
lehenryjr

2 posts · Dec 2010
I'm running Atahualpa 353 and WordPress [latest version 303].
I can NOT get Atahualpa to post a single video in my blog. I'm trying to simply take videos from YouTube and put them in my blog posts; I used to be able to do this...

I have tried the embed code; I've tried the URL and the videos just don't work anymore.

I have pasted the embed code manually and it just gets stripped from the post and converted to some crap that doesn't work.

Example
This is a working embed link:
Code:
<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
and I save it as a draft, and preview it... And I get this from the source code:
Code:
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nxPB9yy7IJ4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_embedded&amp;version=3"></param>
That doesn't work— There's no video, no place holder, nothing.

Is ANYONE else having this issue? Please what's the correction for this?
It has to be the theme, because I have 3 other WordPress blogs running on the same server and it worked before and it stopped working with an update, but not certain when [i don't post videos that much].

I saw another post about excerpts, I changed all those to FULL POST; nothing happened.

Thanks in advance...

Until next time,
Larry Henry Jr.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:11 PM
lehenryjr

2 posts · Dec 2010
okay, it may not be the theme; I tried 5 different themes and they all have the same issue. All the embed code gets changed... But I have other WordPress installations on the same server and they're working fine... I'm close to scrapping the whole thing and starting a new.

I'm still searching...
Thanks in advance...
Old Dec 10, 2010, 03:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your code works for me. Are you pasting into the HTML editor view. If you paste it using the visual editor it will get messed up.

If you are pasting in the the HTML editor and it is not working I would look at one of the other plugins being the culprit.