Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How do I change "you do not have permission to view this content" message?

Old Dec 26, 2010, 05:46 PM
notsowild

3 posts · Dec 2010
I have made a number of pages and posts available to subscribers only. I am using the Members plugin and Register Plus Redux plugin. This is all working really well as far as access goes, but I would like to change the message that unregistered viewers see when they try to access members only content.

The current message reads "Sorry, but you do not have permission to view this content"

I would like to replace it with something along the lines of "Sorry, but you must be logged in to see this page. You can sign up here (link to registration form) – all are welcome and membership is free. We hope you join us!"

For about a month I have been searching files to try to find where the "sorry" message is stored. I thought it might be fairly simple to replace - but I can't find it anywhere!

I'll admit I know very little about the back end of creating websites, so simple instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, and fingers crossed!
Old Dec 26, 2010, 06:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Swap to the twenty ten theme and see if you get the same message. It could be the plugin, word press or the theme and this will give you an idea of which it is.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 02:05 AM
notsowild

3 posts · Dec 2010
If I swap themes will it stuff up other parts of my site? I'm a bit wary because I've put a lot of work into it, and there are lots of plugins etc.

(I have tried swapping around themes on a much simpler site, and I had to keep reinstating widgets etc)

Sorry if this is a stupid question ....
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
all the Atahualpa theme options are stored in the database so you can swwap to twentyten and back and it will look fine.
just to cover yourself, go to ato->export/import settings and export your settings. Then you will have an external backup of your settings that you can re-import.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:02 PM
notsowild

3 posts · Dec 2010
Ok - I changed to twenty ten (which looked horrible!) and the message was the same. So it is nothing to do with the theme. Thanks for that hint ... but now I have to keep working out where it is!

I think the theme is fantastic by the way - I have tried lots of others, but this gives me a lot more choices which I really like. Keep up the good work!