Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to: Enlarge Logo

Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:22 PM
frugalmommytoday

71 posts · Oct 2010
[SOLVED] How to: Enlarge Logo

I want to make my logo larger for my site http://frugalmommytoday.com but when I tried to make the picture any larger than it is in my photo editor and upload it to my FTP, I get a small blank image with an x in the upper left corner. Is there any way I can make the image larger??
Old Oct 14, 2010, 10:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not real clear on what you are doing. When you "tried to make the picture any larger than it is in my photo editor" what does that mean?
Old Oct 15, 2010, 05:02 AM
frugalmommytoday

71 posts · Oct 2010
Sorry, what I meant with the photo editor part was I tried resizing the image by increasing its pixel size. But when I increased the pixel size, saved it, uploaded it to FTP, added the image link to ATO and when I visited my website, there would be no image. Just a box with an x in the upper left-hand corner.
It seems the pixel size of the image currently on my website was the magic number to make it appear.
The problem is though that I want it to be larger. Is there a way I can make the image appear when I use a larger-size version?
Sorry if my post is confusing. I am trying my best to explain the situation.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I can't see why creating a larger image should cause a problem but try this. Create you larger logo and give it a different name then upload it. No put the new name in the logo name box in Atahualpa.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the only reason you should get the 'X' is if the image can't be found - you spelled the name wrong, put spaces in the file name, didn't put it in the images folder, something to that effect. I see a logo every time I look so I can't check any of that out.

I also just put a image that was 900px high in my test site and it worked fine.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 08:44 PM
frugalmommytoday

71 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for your responses! I tried it again saving it under a different file name and it worked :-)