Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

How to remove "website" field from comments?

Old Sep 29, 2009, 02:09 AM
xukca

2 posts · Sep 2009
Hello!I am new to wordpress and i meet dificulties.I will be very happy if someone could help me removing the "website" field from comments.Thank you in advance!Best regards!

P.S. Sorry about my ENGLISH!
Old Sep 29, 2009, 05:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
edit comment.php and remove lines 133-137 (ver 3.4.3) which should be
HTML Code:
<p>
<input class="text url" type="text" name="url" id="url" value="<?php echo $comment_author_url; ?>" size="30" tabindex="3" />&nbsp;
<label for="<?php _e('url','atahualpa'); ?>">
<?php _e('Website','atahualpa'); ?></label>
</p>
Old Dec 28, 2009, 03:41 PM
ksmith101

79 posts · Dec 2009
North Carolina, although Georgia (USA) is HOME
I have noticed as I am reading throug the posts that 'make a change to the file' is used alot. If I change the code then update the theme when you have an updated version wont I loose all my custom coding changes.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 05:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes you will. However sometimes you want something that is outside the design of the theme so you have two choices, give up your want or make the change in source and carry that change forward every new release...unless it is such a great idea that it gets incorporated into the theme.

When I first started using the theme (version 3.2), I wanted a rotating header but there wasn't one. I actually coded a routine and got it to work and posted it. Flynn liked it and the idea and put it into the next release. So individual desires can becme theme options.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 06:17 PM
ksmith101

79 posts · Dec 2009
North Carolina, although Georgia (USA) is HOME
Thanks...I will just keep my list of custom code!