Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

No post/page content in 3.5.3 after updating to WP 3.1.1

Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:25 PM
NCSUresdev

7 posts · Apr 2011
I have a networked site that I just updated to WP 3.1.1. My issues:

Atahualpa 3.5.3 won't show post/page content in center column -- header, footer, side panels and widgets are fine.

Moved one site to Atahualpa 3.6.4 and none of the "blank page" fixes seem to work form me; I'm on a university site and can't find the php.ini file -- tried to put one in my site root but that didn't work. Someone suggested there is a fatal error in: wp-content/themes/atahualpa364/functions/bfa_meta_tags.php on lines 2 and 195. Not familiar enough with php to know what the error is.

Any suggestions?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:03 AM
NCSUresdev

7 posts · Apr 2011
Main site (with 3.6.4) is: http://www.ncsu.edu/research/gateway/rd

Other sites (with 3.5.3) are:
http://www.ncsu.edu/research/gateway/rd/funding

http://www.ncsu.edu/research/gateway/rd/collaborate

http://www.ncsu.edu/research/gateway/rd/proposal

http://www.ncsu.edu/research/gateway/rd/training

http://www.ncsu.edu/research/gateway/rd/awards

I downloaded 3.5.3 from Bytesforall site this morning -- didn't make any difference (broke some of my formatting, but I can fix that if I can get the center column to show up!)
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
please do an export of the Atahualpa settings (ato->export/import settings) and attach them to a reply
Old Apr 19, 2011, 05:43 AM
NCSUresdev

7 posts · Apr 2011
Here you go... (and thanks for the quick reply).
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-ncsuedu-20110419.txt (20.6 KB, 1318 views)
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well, it runs fine (except for the missing widgets) on my local install of WP 3.1.1

Try this (changes in wordpress versions can effect this) go to dashboard->settings->permalink and make note of what you have. Then change it to default and save it, then set it back to what you had.

if that doesn't work, you need to find the error.log and find out if an error is occurring and what it is.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:39 AM
NCSUresdev

7 posts · Apr 2011
Changing permalinks didn't work -- I'll look for the error log. As a side note -- I have a personal site with updated WP and Atahualpa and have no problems at all with that site. Could be an issue with what's running on university servers. I'll try to pursue to Suhosin issue with our OIT staff -- unfortunately they don't respond as quickly as you have.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 06:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it shouldn't be a suhosin issue with 3.5.3 - that version of Atahualpa used the php eval() function. as of 3.6.0 the eval() was removed (due to a WordPress requirement) and stream wrappers were used which can run into the Suhosin issue.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:26 AM
NCSUresdev

7 posts · Apr 2011
I din't think the 3.5.3 issue was, but hoping I can solve the 3.6.4 issue now.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 07:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I would get 3.5.3 working then worry about 3.6.4 If you do a manual install of 3.6.4 and put it in a separate folder in the themes folder called 'atahualpa364' you will have both versions in the theme picker, so you can swap back and forth. That way, you try 3.6.4, if it doesn't work, swap back to 3.5.3 and then make the ˆT guys do something. they make a change, swap back to 364 in the theme picker and test it. Fi it works YEAH, if not, swap back to 353 and start again.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 01:30 PM
NCSUresdev

7 posts · Apr 2011
I got my sight back up with 3.5.3 -- still don't know what caused the missing center column issue. I have to load files via ftp,so I deleted all the Wordpress files and re-uploaded them with Atahualpa 3.5.3 and 3.6.4 (which still doesn't work). I downloaded the old files before deleting, so I had the files I had changed: .htaccess, wp-config, and the Atahualpa header and footer.

Since deleting WP-content also deleted my plugins I took the opportunity to update the ones I actually use and reloaded.

I like the updated Wordpress for my networked site, but sure wish I could get the latest version of Atahualpa to work. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for your help -- I made a donation; it was worth it!