Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Expandable/collapsable menu/list of pages

Old Oct 16, 2013, 04:51 AM
guldarmband

11 posts · May 2013
Help Expandable/collapsable menu/list of pages

Hello
I need a expandable menu of my pages. It can't be a drop-down menu because it has to be accessible for people using screen readers. I have to be able to hide some pages.

Right now, the only plugin I can find is Nice navigation but it isn't that nice actually. It works fine, except that every time you click a child page the menu collapses, only showing parent pages again. I would like the/a menu who keep showing the child pages until you click the parent page again or until you click another parent page.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this. I know a little code but simply not enough to solve this on my own.

Last edited by lmilesw; Oct 16, 2013 at 06:53 AM.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 05:26 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Take a look at jQuery Vertical Accordion Menu. You can insert the widget into a widget area, the menu will expand vertically, and the menu will stay open on the child menu item. If you want to try it, the main tip that I can offer is to set the Menu Class to something other than the default of menu (i.e., don't leave that field blank). Otherwise it will get styled with the Montezuma CSS for the menu class, and it won't look nor work correctly. I used accMenu for the Menu Class.

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Oct 16, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 04:36 AM
guldarmband

11 posts · May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchingBruin
Take a look at jQuery Vertical Accordion Menu. You can insert the widget into a widget area, the menu will expand vertically, and the menu will stay open on the child menu item. If you want to try it, the main tip that I can offer is to set the Menu Class to something other than the default of menu (i.e., don't leave that field blank). Otherwise it will get styled with the Montezuma CSS for the menu class, and it won't look nor work correctly. I used accMenu for the Menu Class.
It looks great but my child menu items are visible all the time. Do you have any idea of what is wrong or what I might have done wrong?

I've ticked "click" and "Auto Close Open Menus" in the widget menu. the adress is http://guldarmband.com/rp/
Old Oct 18, 2013, 07:44 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
I chose Click, Auto Close Open Menus, and Save Menu State; my unfocused submenus seem to close when I go to a page down another menu branch. The submenus don't seem to close, though, if I click on my header to return to the home page. Seems like this plugin needs some work as well.
http://sandbox.geefamily.net

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Oct 18, 2013 at 07:50 PM.