Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

removing the border around the page navigation

Old Dec 9, 2009, 09:22 PM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
removing the border around the page navigation

BY the way thanks for the advice on the error I was getting from the functions.php issue I was able to resolve that.

Things are coming along nicely but I ran into one issue. I have successfully removed all the dashed borders by just doing a "hidden" prompt and it has worked for everything but the page navigation border. It is set up the same as I did the footer and left and right columns so I don't understand why it wont remove. Here is the page: http://www.hearttheearth.org
thanks!!
dani

Last edited by Dani808; Dec 9, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
to set a color behind the page menubar and remove the border use
HTML Code:
/* ================================================ */
/* CSS to remove lines around menu and set color    */
div#menu1 ul.rMenu {
	background: #yellow;
	border: none 0px; 
}
/* ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ */
if you don't want to effect the color, just remove the ' background: #yellow;'

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 10, 2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:04 AM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
Sorry where do I go to edit this? If I go to the CSS.php section there is a lot of codes that start off with what you gave me, I am not sure which one to edit plus they don't exactly match with what you are saying. Is there somewhere else I should be doing this?

Why can't I just remove it like I did with your theme editor. It worked perfectly for all the other sections and I have another blog it worked for but just not this one.

Thanks again!
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this goes in ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:57 PM
Dani808

22 posts · Dec 2009
Hawaii
it hates me, or I am a retard and doing something wrong here because it isn't working. Should I just leave it, I guess it looks ok?
Old Dec 13, 2009, 03:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
use this, the original taked the dashes from the menu items, this take care of the menu area border
HTML Code:
/* CSS to remove lines around menu background       */
div#menu1  {
	border: none 0px; 
}
/* ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ */