Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

show lastest posts on custom home page?

Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:19 AM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
I created a custom-index.php template by copying and modifying the index.php page.
The home page should have a few widgets under the header.php (which work fine) and the bottom of the page should have the latest posts shown in reverse chron order.

If I go to dashboard->settings->reading->front page displays:
“your latest posts”
The page shows only the latest posts – not the page with the additional widgets created in the custom-index.php template. As seen here is http://harrisonresearchlabs.com

If I change the to dashboard->settings->reading->front page displays:
“a static page, home page”
The page shows the widgets as created in custom-index.php, but the place below where the posts should be shows a empty post with a weird date as seen here. is http://harrisonresearchlabs.com/home

The current setting is: dashboard->settings->reading->front page displays:
“your latest posts”
Old Dec 31, 2015, 06:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what browser are you using? Try FireFox if you aren't and see how it looks.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 08:09 AM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
its working fine now. The weirdness was I had created a post with just a title, no content, then deleted the title. Apparently a post with no content and no title is not the same as deleting the post itself. Listing all the posts displayed the phantom post and once I deleted the post, things behaved normally.