Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Stable logo file location amid ATA updates

Old Aug 14, 2010, 01:30 PM
kdawes01

102 posts · May 2009
Missoula, MT
I wanted to share with everyone...

One of the headaches of using ATA (and those are *very* few!!) is that when you update Atahualpa, you need to re-upload your custom header and logo files into the new version theme folders.

I have found that you can put a complete file path into the ATA Theme Options/Style & Edit HEADER AREA/ Show Logo Image. This should remain stable and saved in the database when updating.

Here's what I did...
Instead of just putting in my logo.gif file name into the "Show Logo Image" entry, I uploaded my logo file to my WordPress Media Library. In the Atahualpa "Show Logo Image" I then put the complete path to the file. In my case it was...

../../../../wp-content/uploads/2010/08/logo.gif

Presto! A logo file that should survive ATA updates!

I don't recall seeing this solution in the forums. It's worked for me and I hope this will help others.

Hmmm... Now to figure a way to do the same with the Header image....

Ken