Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

RSS Widget Prevents Home Page From Working

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:13 PM
OttO

20 posts · Oct 2009
RSS Widget Prevents Home Page From Working

Hello,

I've spent hours on this so now I'm posting my first plea for help.

I was trying to fix a problem in my far right sidebar over the weekend. I have solid borders between each widget but on some of the widgets, I had eliminated the borders [border-bottom: 0px] because I wanted images to be 'together' with their corresponding RSS feeds (I had four sets of images/feeds). But I noticed that instead of erasing the borders it was stacking the borders up at the bottom of the sidebar and it was also padding the widgets in a way that as you scrolled down the page, the widgets in the far right side bar were drifting further and further to the right. So I started playing with this to try and fix it.

Somewhere I developed a problem and the home page 'disappeared' (all other pages where the right side bar is of loaded just fine). If I shut off the right sidebar then the home page loaded; activating the right side bar disabled the home page again.

So I tried to undo my code changes but that didn't fix it. I updated the theme but that didn't fix it. I tore down and rebuilt the entire sidebar but that didn't fix it. And I scoured this forum but couldn't find anything to help on this. So through process of elimination I figured out that for some reason the RSS widgets (the standard RSS widgets) themselves 'seemed' to be causing the problem. First I eliminated one (which left me with three) and it worked. But by this morning it wasn't working again. So I eliminated another one and it worked. By tonight it was down again. So I eliminated another one (leaving me with just one). I removed them, put in some new ones and mixed them up but nothing seemed to work.

I'm stumped. I have 3.4.4 and am using Firefox 3.5 (but have also tried on IE - 6, I believe -).

I love the theme (I think it's the gold standard of themes, especially for those of us cutting our teeth but wanting some flexibility). I'm in a financial black hole at the moment but intend on donating something the first chance I get. Thanks for your help.