Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Display Custom Fields and Values Under Post Heading

Old Jul 1, 2009, 05:24 PM
grasshopper

20 posts · Jun 2009
Hi all -

I hope that one of you can help me. I am using the custom fields in my posts. I want to list the values under the heading of the post, but only if the values are filled out. I have looked at the wordpress forum and this one and have read the "get meta data" and get custom post" functions and have looked for an appropriate plug in, but I'm not sure what php language or html language to use and in which of the Atatualpa pages to insert it into. I've been looking for hours.

thanks so much for your help.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 08:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you looked at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Post /Page Info Items?

Put %meta('fieldname')% into one or several of the text areas named "Byline: ...."
Old Jul 2, 2009, 09:51 AM
grasshopper

20 posts · Jun 2009
Thank you Flynn -

That worked. I should have known that you had already thought of this!
Old Jul 2, 2009, 10:20 AM
grasshopper

20 posts · Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Have you looked at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Post /Page Info Items?

Put %meta('fieldname')% into one or several of the text areas named "Byline: ...."
I spoke too soon about a resolution. The fields are now showing, but unfortunately, they are showing under the Page title rather than under each Post Title. I have the plug-in "Inline Posts" installed. could that be part of the problem?

thanks so much.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 12:40 PM
grasshopper

20 posts · Jun 2009
Flynn -

Success! I decided to go another route. I removed the inline posts plugin and used a simple query posts. Thanks to another one of your threads.

Thanks again,

t