Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Custom Author Names?

Old Jun 23, 2010, 09:32 AM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
I'm posting a series of articles by different authors and want to have the name of the actual authors shown instead of the person who published the article. The only way I can think of is to create a user account with the name of each author and then publish the article with under their username.

Is there any quicker or easier way I can just put any author in, instead of creating them an account?

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2010, 11:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I too wanted that functionality and to my knowledge there is no other way than creating another user account. The only issue with this is that you can't use the same email for the different authors so you will have to create some real or bogus email accounts.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 01:58 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
How about doing it this way? Remove the byline and sign the post with the author's name as a clickable link?

You could go to "Style and Edit Center Column" and then remove this line from the loop:
<?php bfa_post_byline('<div class="post-byline">','</div>'); ?>
Old Jun 24, 2010, 05:18 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for that idea Rosetrees. I had always removed or added byline info in ATO>Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS. That's a great place to remove the byline, footer, or kicker globally.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:14 AM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks for that, I removed that as it was totally unnecessary. I'll just have to make do with having the Author at the end of the article. Should be fine.

Also, how can I remove the "leave a comment" option and the category link from below each article. And is it possible to remove it only on the front page articles and not on the rest of the website?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 07:35 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Check out the Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS section. There are several areas there that will answer your questions.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 02:00 AM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
I had a look at that section and removed all the necessary items. I've somewhat got the layout to be as I want it, however there is one more thing.

On the front page I need to have 2 specific articles. The rest of the articles will be accessible by going to the categories.

I've found an option to select how many posts on the front page are "full" posts, but no option to select how many articles are to be displayed on the front page. How can I change this and is it possible to have those articles permanently there so they're not bumped down everytime I add a new article?

Thankyou for your help.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 08:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Make the posts 'sticky' -this is part of the wordpress edit post
Old Jun 25, 2010, 04:37 PM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesava
I've found an option to select how many posts on the front page are "full" posts, but no option to select how many articles are to be displayed on the front page. How can I change this
That's under "reading" in the "settings" menu of Wordpress - it isn't part of the theme options.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 11:26 PM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
Is the option you're referring to
Quote:
Blog pages show at most [ ] posts
?

If so then does that effect only the front page or every page of the website?

Also, the "static page" option seems like it would suit me perfectly. The front page will never change. Visitors will click on different categories to find articles.

Would this be a good option for me then?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 03:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Would this be a good option for me then?
only you can answer that, try it both ways and see which you like.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:58 PM
Kesava

21 posts · Jun 2010
I set up a static page and realised that it is exactly what I need.

You can mark this as solved now.

Thanks