Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Putting Fade Background in Sidebars, and Removing Grey Blocks next to Widgets

Old Feb 13, 2010, 12:01 AM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
Putting Fade Background in Sidebars, and Removing Grey Blocks next to Widgets

2 questions:
1) I'm trying to put a rounded-corner border around my sidebar widgets, with a simple fade-blue-to-white background image behind the title/links. If you go to http://www.thedigitalrecordingstudio.info at look at the Recent Posts, Recommended and Tags in the right sidebar, you'll see what I'm trying to simulate. That bordered, faded box is a .jpg image file living in that theme called Amazona (obvious name!) which I'd like to insert into Atahualpa. Can I just put the code into the Sidebar>Style option, or do I have to follow it up in the CSS and/or sidebar.php. I'm not a coder, so I need all the guidance I can get, thanks

2) In all the Atahualpa widget link lists, you get these little grey blocks just to the left of each link (no matter if your remove all padding.) Just want the words, no grey boxes...how do I get rid of 'em?
Old Feb 13, 2010, 11:21 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
excuse the bump, but isn't there anyone who knows how to create a border and a light fade around our sidebar lists? Juggledad, anyone?

And am I the only one who wants to get rid of those little grey blocks next to all our post links?

Would really appreciate some guidance, thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:47 PM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
I haven't figured out the round corners for the sidebars either, however with the gray blocks, that's pretty easy.

Under Style Widgets, Widget List Items, put the Left Border Width for Links at 0 (zero) and they'll be gone.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 05:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want round corners, you need to use the 'border' css
HTML Code:
-moz-border-radius: 30px;
-khtml-border-radius: 30px;
-webkit-border-radius: 30px;
border-radius: 30px;
add this to RIGHT sidebar style (or LEFT) - NOTE: This does not work in IE because IE doesn't support border
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:44 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
if you want round corners, you need to use the 'border' css
HTML Code:
-moz-border-radius: 30px;
-khtml-border-radius: 30px;
-webkit-border-radius: 30px;
border-radius: 30px;
add this to RIGHT sidebar style (or LEFT) - NOTE: This does not work in IE because IE doesn't support border
Thanks Juggledad. I got lots of help for both my questions from Rashell. She had me put that border radius code right into the ATA Options>Widgets>Widget Container and it worked fine.

She also helped me insert that fade image in the background behind all my Widgets, see:
http://www.jukeboxandpinball.info/

Problem is, it's only showing up on the Home page (currently set to show Latest Post in Settings>Reading). If you click any other post link, the rounded border and it's padding settings stay, but the blue-to-white background fade disappears...even though the image URL is entered into Widgets>Widget Container, which should be a universal option for ALL posts

She didn't know why this was happening, and said either you or Flynn could help?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 01:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I suspect this has to do with the permalinks. Try swapping back to the default permalink and see if it works.
To make sure it works, use the fully qualified url of the image.