Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] 54 Error's in CSS according to W3C

Old Dec 11, 2009, 08:15 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
Europe (NL) ber-art.nl Windows 7x64 WP 3.x Atahualpa 3.7.x
Send a message via Skype™ to Ber|Art
Why are there according to W3C so many error's in the CSS? I tested a default standard install...

See: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...ning=1&lang=nl

54 Error's and more that 200 warnings?
Is there something you can do about this in next versions please?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 03:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...&highlight=w3c
Old Dec 12, 2009, 02:27 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
But that about the xHTML, the xHTML is perfect I was talking about the CSS I know W3C is not alway's right but 54 errors in a standard CSS is a bit much I would think...
Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:52 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Generally speaking and not directed at you, BerArt,

when using W3C it's important to read the actual "error" messages.

In Atahualpa's case they're related to the border-radius property which will be included in the next CSS standard but already works in FF and Safari today. The alternative would have been to create those borders with Javascript to hide it from W3C, instead of using the lightweight CSS at the price of showing "errors" in the W3C online tool.

I chose the option that is ultimately better for my users, and accepted the fact that some will consider Atahualpa to be not up to today's coding standards - while in reality Atahualpa is an amazingly browser-safe theme, and the CSS is like it is on purpose, and not by accident.

I suggest doing actual real life tests with browsers instead of relying on the W3C too much. In reality, Microsoft, Google, Apple and Mozilla are setting the standards on the web, not the W3C. W3C is fine for additional debugging, it is useful for finding unclosed tags etc., but that's it.
Old Dec 13, 2009, 01:06 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
Flynn, I understand and you are totaly right, I could not read every "error" but I have no doubt you know what you are doing! So this is SOLVED, THX!