Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

difficulty applying back ground

Old Sep 12, 2009, 01:44 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
i am a complete novice with php etc so please bear with me. i want to apply a bacground image to my blog and i want it to be uniformly shown through out the blog , but when i tried to add background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/backgr.gif) repeat top left; in body text & links menu tab it showed the default background only in the center and header but no anywhere else , but i want the background image to be shown on entire page including center top bottom left and right.

i have a background image of 5px into 533px so after 533th pixel i want a background color to be shown...

please help
Old Sep 12, 2009, 12:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the page is made up of many parts - Header, sidbare, center, footer - and each can be set to a background or coor. If you want one image to show thru all of them, then you must make teh background for each area transparent (background: #
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:18 AM
Seafoam

3 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks Juggledad - I'm new here and I'm having difficulty getting a background image to show. I used the proper CSS code in the BodyStyle textbox:

background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/back.jpg) repeat top left;

(and MANY variations with slashes removed etc) and no luck so far. Maybe it has something to do with background color transparency?

Do I also add
background: transparent; or background-color : transparent;
to the BodyStyle textbox? (those didn't work)

What code should I use and where to put it?

(I'm using 3.4.1 w WP 2.8.4)
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:33 AM
Seafoam

3 posts · Sep 2009
Nevermind - I figured it out.. it had more to do with the BodyStyle textbox hiding extra code that I didn't know was there (background color was appearing twice)

See: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...4521#post14521

Last edited by Seafoam; Sep 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM.