Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Excerpts have huge amounts of space between them. V.3.2 and WP 2.8

Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:02 PM
hankphone

10 posts · Jun 2009
I am trying to fit a clients psd design into this theme at http://www.wpthemerz.com/themetesting

and as you can see the front page is set to show excerpts but there is a huge space between them. They should also scroll instead of breaking the page layout, everything is fine and scrolls if I use full post instead of excerpts but that is not what the client wants because we are trying to avoid as much scrolling as possible.

I have already triple checked all of my settings in post/page styling and it is fine. I have 0 0 0 0 set for margins.

any help would be appreciated.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:10 PM
hankphone

10 posts · Jun 2009
actually, excerpts and full posts is doing it.

The problem is that the client wants the content to scroll within a box instead the whole page scrolling down. I thought by adding

height:528px;
overflow: auto;

to the POST Container I could achieve this effect, and it works with one post but if there are more than one then each post is that height by default and each has it's own scroll bar.

idk how to fix this at all.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 12:23 PM
hankphone

10 posts · Jun 2009
Ok, I am an idiot. It looks like it is the Center Column attributes that I needed to alter to make things display correctly.

However, the code height:528px; and overflow:auto; doesn't affect anything in the center column. Would be nice if I could give it a fixed height and width and make the content scroll within it. Any ideas?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Since you solved this and opende a new thread, I'll close this one (you can reopen it needed: see thread tools)