Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] différent length of excerpts by posts

Old Nov 7, 2011, 06:31 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
using : atahualpa 3.7.1
using;: WP 3.2.1
only on localhost, I began and i'm a novice in html, php, css ....!!

I want to post for a specific category in a sidebar. For this I use the plugin : " Category Posts".
I want an excerpt length for the posts on the main page and i want another excerpt lentgh in the post that are posted in sidebar
With this plugin("category post"), you can set the length of extract to display. it's ok with a theme like "twenty eleven. but impossible with Atahualpa.
With Atahualpa, the length of the extract to a post is the same in the main page and in the sidebar
where is the pb ?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2011, 06:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That plugin works as expected for me. The only time you should see the same length of excerpt in the post as well as that generated by the plugin is if you add your own excerpt in the manual excerpt box but that would also apply to Twenty Eleven.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 08:30 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
thank you for the answers
but I do not undertand where is this manual excerpt box ?
what I do only:
In Atahualpa theme options ---Posts & pages ---"configure excerpts " Length of excerpts = 30 (words)
In plugin "category posts": for the Excerpt length (in words): I put 10 (words)

and post are all 30 words on the main page and in the sidebar !!!??
Old Nov 7, 2011, 08:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The manual Excerpts is part of the WordPress Post options. If you don't see it when you edit a post, look at the 'screen options' tab, (it's shut off by default)
Old Nov 8, 2011, 01:59 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
OK I understood,
but sorry !! I've never used this option when publishing posts.
the post did not extract Manual
for me the mystery remains unsolved !!!

thank you very much
Old Nov 8, 2011, 06:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Which category post plugin did you use? Could you post a link to it?
Old Nov 9, 2011, 02:00 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
I use version 3.3 category posts. I downloaded here:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/category-posts/
Old Nov 9, 2011, 02:18 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
I found the solution. This was a problem with the plugin not with Atahualpa. the solution is here:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/p...ol-not-working

Sorry. thanks