Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Blog suddenly won't load with any version of atahualpa theme !

Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:34 AM
mppc

13 posts · Jan 2011
[SOLVED] Blog suddenly won't load with any version of atahualpa theme !

I don't exactly know how it happened but I have been having a few bugs lately with my website. Eventually I am having now a White Screen of Death when trying to access to my website but somehow this only occurs only with the atahualpa theme (whatever the version), even though I was using it without any problem until then.
I have tried :
- reinstalling a fresh copy of the atahualpa theme --> won't work
- rebooting all my plugins --> won't work
- Changing the CSS from inline to external file (whatever it means) --> works fine but my category menu is all messed up (it lost most of its styling (colors, padding...)

I recently upgraded my wordpress version to 3.0.4 and my wp version to 3.6 (now switched back to 3.5.3) and wonder if that may have caused the issue.

Please help me ! I am brand new with webmastering and am getting completely lost with my options and am a bit scared to mess things even more doing a bad move.

Thank you all for your help !
Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:37 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
A link to your site please.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 08:55 AM
mppc

13 posts · Jan 2011
www.monparispascher.com

Currently it is on but with the messed-up menu. Tell me if you want me to put back the css to internal so you can see the WSOD ?

Thank you for your help. If you need anything else please ask me and I'll more than happy to provide you with extra information
Old Jan 9, 2011, 07:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
please try this. Activate Atahualpa 353, disable all plugins then switch the CSS to internal and see if it works. If it does, add the plugins in a couple at a time till you find the one that causes the conflict.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:07 AM
mppc

13 posts · Jan 2011
"please try this. Activate Atahualpa 353, disable all plugins then switch the CSS to internal and see if it works. If it does, add the plugins in a couple at a time till you find the one that causes the conflict."

I have followed your instructions. Somehow my website won't disappear anymore after switching back the css to internal. Eventually, after disabling then reactivaing all my plugins, I end up in the same situation I was with my CSS set to external, which is the website is fine but with a messed-up category menu who lost its style.

Thanks again for your help
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so, with CSS at Internal and the plugins disabled is the category menu ok?