Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Location of text widget content

Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:00 AM
RickRomig

1 posts · Oct 2009
Dayton, Ohio
When editing a text widget, I accidentally removed the widget instead of closing it. I have an older version of my blog on another server and would like to recover that content rather than recreate it.

Where in the wp-content directory would the content for a text widget be located?

Using WP 2.8.4 and Atahualpa 3.4.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rick
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:43 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You might find it in the Inactive Widgets area under the main widgets collection. I suppose it's in the database somewhere too, but you might need to wait for Juggledad or Flynn for help on that one.

You no doubt know this by now, but you should keep all of your text widget and PHP code widget content in a file somewhere on your hard drive for later reference. It's saved my bacon a few times!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) did you try putting it back in?
2) if you have a backup copy of your database, you could look and see if you can find it in the wp-options table. Look for teh string ''widget_text'' this will be an array of all the text widgets and you may be able to pull out what you need.