Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Adding Adsense to Kicker and Content

Old Jun 21, 2009, 02:48 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Hey and thanks in advance for the help!

I am trying to add an Adsense Leaderboard centered directly below the header (above the headline/post/page title), so I guess that area would be considered the kicker. I tried using a few plugins, but they placed the Ad below the headline (post/page title).

I am now using this plugin: http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/word...-insertion-170
Basically I copy the Adsense script into there and it gives me the php to work with. I used this to implement ads into my sidebars and it worked fine. If the could be used for the leaderboard too, that would be cool but using the script directly would not be a problem.

I would also like to add Adsense in the content/body section of my posts (not pages tho). I want the ad to float to the right at preferably the bottom (or middle) of the post. It also can only be on the first post of the homepage (due to google restrictions). I have no idea how to do this. I would prefer not to use my plugin for this and just directly use the script.

I REALLY appreciate the help and will donate as soon as I have some money.

Best Regards,

Adam

Last edited by adum; Jun 21, 2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:16 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In 3.3.3, to put something at the top of the middle column, edit index.php and put your own HTML or PHP code below

PHP Code:
<?php // get all options:
include (TEMPLATEPATH '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>
To add Adsense to posts or pages see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=431

Last edited by Flynn; Jun 22, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:29 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
You're the man! That was surprisingly easy to add it right below the header. Do you know if and how it's possible to center it?

I ended up using a plugin to put the Ad in the post, but I will look at that link you posted in more depth when I have some time.

EDIT: nvm I figured it out, <div align="center"></div> around the code I entered.

Last edited by adum; Jun 22, 2009 at 12:31 PM.