Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] How to change headings styles

Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:16 AM
dorigen

5 posts · Feb 2009
[SOLVED] How to change headings styles

I am trying to change the size of the post titles and in particular page titles. If i go to post/page styling and change the headline box text attributes (such as color, size, etc.), nothing changes. I am looking at firebug and it shows the title as having an h2 heading style. Can I change the attributes of the headline styles somewhere?

Thanks,
Autumn
Old Feb 26, 2009, 06:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Worked for me. What did you put into "headline box text"? Post URL if it still doesn't work. Also, do you have a newer Atahualpa version? This did not work in an older version few releases ago.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 09:22 PM
dorigen

5 posts · Feb 2009
I've got 3.2.

I was just putting in random stuff to test, for instance:

padding: 0;
margin: 0;
4px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif
color: #333389;

I realize if i remove the 8px thing then it will change the color. Nothing I do will change the size though. I am probably not entering the right command. I was just kind of copying what I saw in other boxes, but it's not working.

Thanks,
Autumn
Old Feb 27, 2009, 12:30 PM
dilago

14 posts · Feb 2009
I am experiencing the same problem and have worked around it, but a sollution would be appreciated.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 02:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This

HTML Code:
4px Arial, Verdana, sans-serif
should be

HTML Code:
font-size: 2.15em;
font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif;
Change 2.15em to any X.XX value to change the cont-size. Also, one semicolon was missing

The all font properties could be defined in one line as you attempted, but better not do that, it is more error-prone (the order of the values does matter)
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:24 AM
wdouzel

5 posts · Mar 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to wdouzel
I have v3.2.

Oddly, all my styles for the headline text take EXCEPT color. Here's the code:

padding: 3px 5px 2px 5px;
font-size: 1.6em;
font-family: Times New Roman, Times, serif;
color: #0000FF;

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 03:45 AM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
Hi!

I'm a beginner to Wordpress and Atahualpa, but have previously used Dreamweaver to create a homepage that looked nice. I want to transfer that look to Atahualpa if I can.

Working with just installed Atahualpa 3.4.6

Having a lot of difficulties in changing the colour of headings.

Where can I do this? The only place I can find is in Body Style under Body, Text and Links in the ATO. I want the text INCLUDING all my Headers to be in a navy blue #000066. I can change the text to this colour, but not the headers which remain greyed out, or black when the cursor rolls over.

I've tried pasting, for example,
h1 {color: #000066;}
in the textfield under Body Style, but it makes no difference.

Can you tell me where I ought to paste it, please?

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2010, 06:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are talking about the Post/Page titles go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: xxxxxx and add 'color: #000066;'

You should note that a title can be TEXT or it can be a LINK or it can be LINK:HOVER over it, so there are three boxes. You can set the color for HOVER to one thing, The color when it's not a link to someother color and a link to a third.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 03:15 AM
TheSupercargo

11 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
If you are talking about the Post/Page titles go to ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->HEADLINE Box: xxxxxx and add 'color: #000066;'

You should note that a title can be TEXT or it can be a LINK or it can be LINK:HOVER over it, so there are three boxes. You can set the color for HOVER to one thing, The color when it's not a link to someother color and a link to a third.
Thank you. Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I figured it out after posting but before seeing your reply. Thanks anyway for your response.

Is there a beginner's guide anywhere that takes you step by step through all the functions? I don't find the in-line explanation easy to follow. A few video tutorials would be VERY helpful. I'm searching on YouTube and have turned up a few already, but is there any easier way to find demonstrations and help?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:23 PM
GadgetJoe

9 posts · Nov 2009
I am trying to configure the Theme so that when I am creating a new page, I can effect the color of the body headings (i.e. heading 1, heading 2, etc).

I posted the following in css inserts

h1 {font-size: 2.15em; font-weight: bold; color: #336699;}
h2 {font-size: 1.85em; font-weight: bold;}
h3 {font-size: 1.6em; font-weight: bold; }
h4 {font-size: 1.4em;}
h5 {font-size: 1.2em;}
h6 {font-size: 1em;}

and I still get black text that is not the font I want (Georgia).

Can you please help. Once I have this configured, I can open up page management to various users and not worry about the look of the site. Right now, I am having to manually configure this and it is quite time consuming. www.harrisonumc.org
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you played with the styling at ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES you shoud be able to put the color there.