Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Different headers per page, how?

Old May 3, 2011, 06:03 AM
itsjustlife

29 posts · Mar 2010
Southampton, England
Different headers per page, how?

Hi
Have read previous threads on this but to be honest not sure I understand them.

I have 3 rotating headers on my home page which I want to keep, then I want different headers on my CV Writer, Shopping and History pages.

In an instruction for dummies format, how can I do this?

My site link is
http://www.itsjustlife.co.uk

Thank you, as always

Phil
Old May 3, 2011, 06:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I can think of no truly "dummies" way of doing this. The easiest I can think of is to:
  • Take out %image and replace with a New Widget Area (See the New Widget Area section in the theme options).
  • Find a slideshow plugin that supplies a widget
  • Create slideshows for each page
  • Put all the slideshow widgets in the new widget area
  • Install and use the Display Widgets plugin to hide/show on the pages in question.
There are some "ifs" here. You need a slideshow plugin that allows multiple widgets such as Nextgen and you will have to style the slideshow to "fit" the header area. For instance you may have to use overflow: hidden etc.

Other than the above you would have to code some conditionals in the theme itself which is certainly not the "dummies" way.

Maybe I'm missing the obvious though and someone has a simpler solution.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 09:51 PM
spilly1970

1 posts · Jul 2011
Hopefully a quick question... I managed to hide the entire Header area on my Home page. The problem is I can't remember what I did and I want to know because I am still experimenting with trying out different looks and attempting to get different headers on each page.

I'm using WP 3.2.1 and Atahualpa 3.6.7 and my website is http://www.jenspillydesigns.com

Thanks!
Jen
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How did you implement the header? What is the code in CSS Inserts and are there any display:none entries? Did you edit any theme files?

Unfortunately it is kind of like if I told you I lost my keys and don't know where I placed them and asked you to tell me where they might be. Lots of variables and I don't know what you did.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 03:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Look in your CSS inserts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:07 PM
jrobie23

63 posts · Feb 2011
Boulder, CO
Juggledad,

I found this topic quite helpful, however it seems I'm limited w/ my php inserts now.
Can you nudge me in the direction I should go to hide a header image on a specific page:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...de+header+page
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
css inserts
HTML Code:
body.page-id-nn div#imagecontainer {display:none;}
where nn = page id number