Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Repositioning and Styling Menu Bar to Overlay Header Banner. Please help!

Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:39 PM
lunaris

14 posts · Mar 2010
London, UK
[SOLVED] Repositioning and Styling Menu Bar to Overlay Header Banner. Please help!

Hello all I really hope you can help me.
I've recently switched from Drupal to Atahualpa 3 Wordpress.

It currently looks like this: www.beauty-in-love.com/wordpress
I literally just managed to change the banner... great start!

The final idea, is that I need it to look like this:

This is what it looks like right now on Drupal.

To break it down, first of all, I would like to know if it is possible to replace the menu bar with image links, and if it can be repositioned, so that it is overlaying on the header banner as shown in the above screenshot.

Secondly, I would also appreciate it if someone could tell me how I could reposition the search bar, so that it is inside the right side bar instead.

If anyone is willing to provide help and assistance for me, I would be extremely grateful, and will gladly donate very generously.

Thank you for your time.

Alternatively you can e-mail me on queen.emyli@hotmail.com

Last edited by lunaris; Mar 16, 2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
To break it down, first of all, I would like to know if it is possible to replace the menu bar with image links, and if it can be repositioned, so that it is overlaying on the header banner as shown in the above screenshot.
yes you can make a menu with images. Instead of using the %pages in the header configuration, you can substitute HTML. So you can code the html (or even steal it from eh existing page) and put it there. If you put it in a <div id="mymenu">...</div> you could then use CSS to position it where you want
Quote:
Secondly, I would also appreciate it if someone could tell me how I could reposition the search bar, so that it is inside the right side bar instead.
check out the 'Search' widget that you can add to the sidebar
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:59 AM
lunaris

14 posts · Mar 2010
London, UK
Excellent, I tried to work on it.. and I'm not exactly sure what I did but it seems to have worked.
Thank you!