Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Correct Code to Align Cells in new 4 Column Widget Area Created in Footer Redux

Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:25 AM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
Correct Code to Align Cells in new 4 Column Widget Area Created in Footer Redux

I have tried all of the suggestions on this thread and i still can't get the footer widget column content to justify to the left, BUT be listed at the top of each cell.

My website is
pineknotfarmandlab.com

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What is the code you use to create the 4 celled widget area?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 09:29 AM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Footer 4Col Widget Area&cells=4&align=3&align=8&width_1=220&width_2=2 50&width_3=250&width_4=200&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?></div>
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:09 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You have to have the proper align properties for the cells. If you look at the page for adding new widget areas there is pretty complete documentation.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:49 AM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
I am actually very untrained in this.. so I am a bit lost.
The code I put in was actually from a thread that was addressed the same problem, minus the &=8. The original code was perfect for the columns, it had the headings lined up a the top, however the menu items were not justified to the left. I looked into further threads and one of them said that could be accomplished by inserting the &=8. Which it did justify the items, but then centered all content in the middle of the cell.

I also have an insert in the html/css
div#listcategorypostswidget-6 {
padding-right: 10px;
padding-left: 5px;
text-align: left;
vertical-align: top !important;
}
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You really need to learn to understand the code for building the widget area as opposed to looking at someone else's code.

With that said here is the simplest code to build a 4 celled widget area with the content aligned top left and 4 equal size widget areas. You would of course change the name to something helpful.
PHP Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area&cells=4&align=9'); ?>

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 19, 2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 04:42 PM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
Thanks for your help and suggestions.