Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Adding Static Header to Blog

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 30, 2012, 03:49 PM
petro7447

20 posts · Mar 2012
Adding Static Header to Blog

Hello,

I have a self hosted site (www.choosemyplan.com) and I am trying to set up the blog portion to where all I have to do is add articles or posts...which seems like it will never happen. I am not a web person, so forgive me if I confuse the terminology.

What I am trying to do:
Add a static header to the blog portion of the site that will not change when you are on the blog's home page or viewing a single post.....Just how the content on the sidebars don't change. I also would like to have one or two lines describing the blog with possibly some social icons.
-I have added the image to: /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header and removed the others...so only that image is in the directory.
- In ATO>Style & Edit Header Area I have %image with the name of the image (exactly) in the "show logo image?"
I have "show blog title?"-Yes;
I am not sure what else to do...One thing that really annoys me and I am not sure if it relates or hinders what I am trying to do...but by default, the page title was showing up on my static pages...I looked around in the forum and saw to hide the post-headline style. So I changed it to

div.post-headline h1,
div.post-headline h2 {
display:none;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
color:#474646;
text-shadow: 0 1px 1px #FFFFFF, 0 1px 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);
<?php bfa_incl('post_headline_style_text') ?>
}

Which worked, but now the titles on the posts don't display....I think this is for another post...but I thought I would include it just in case....

I am using ATA 3.7.1 & WP 3.3

Thank you to anyone who decides to respond....

Last edited by lmilesw; May 30, 2012 at 06:04 PM.