Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Site has gone completely blank! :-(

Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:45 AM
WhitePhantom

7 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post - I've no idea is this is ver 3.6-related or not...

I started my site with 3.6 (I hadn't seen the notice not to) and everything was going lovely until I went into footer.php to have a look at some stuff. I commented out a line to see if the effect would be what I was looking for, updated the file and refreshed the front end. It didn't do what I had in mind, so I un-commented it again and clicked update file, and everything went blank. Same with my front-end, not a thing being displayed. In view source it's the same - there's not getting a single line of html coming to my browser. I've no idea what has caused this, and no idea know how to fix it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

J.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 06:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Download a fresh copy of 3.6 from wordpress.bytesforall.com, unzip it, and upload a fresh copy of footer.php.

In Atahuapa your settings are all done within the theme options. There should be no need to edit the theme files themselves except for bug fixes otherwise you will have to make the same updates if you upgrade the theme later.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 07:16 AM
WhitePhantom

7 posts · Nov 2010
All sorted, thanks a mil Larry!

That was a pretty obvious solution really, wasn't it?! I feel a bit thick now that I didn't think of it - I just got into a panic and didn't know what to do. D'oh! Thick but happy, so all's well in the end!