Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to control sidebars on a static home page

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:49 PM
FredB

5 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] How to control sidebars on a static home page

I’ve set up a static page as the home page via the Reading function in Wordpress. I then created a page called Blog and set that as the post page. My problem is that the new static home page displays both sidebars (left and right) but I want only the right sidebar to show. I have the theme set so that the “Page” pages display only the right sidebar and not the left sidebar. I want the left sidebar to display only on the Blog page. But when you go to the static home page the left sidebar appears. This is, I’m sure, because it is now the front or home page and I cannot figure out how to edit it so that the left sidebar doesn’t appear on that page.

I hope this makes sense and appreciate any assist.

Fred