Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Nextgen Image Gallery in place of the rotating images

Old Jan 28, 2010, 02:26 PM
marvinc

9 posts · Jan 2010
Following suggestions from a previous post I managed to get the Nextgen gallery inserted the header of my Atahualpa theme but have decided to place it in the location of the rotating images. For some reason I can't seem to get this work. Any attempts to change or remove either of the following from the header.php file screws up the theme:

<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $bfa_ata['cols']; ?>">

or

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>

I've searched the forums and got as far as page 9 before throwing in the towel and creating the thread. I wonder if I'm making this harder than it really is so if anyone can give me a push in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Basically I'd like my nextgen header to sit in-place of the rotating images with the opacity setting as it is.

tia
Old Jan 28, 2010, 05:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you looked at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1197
Old Jan 28, 2010, 06:33 PM
marvinc

9 posts · Jan 2010
Yes I have and it's the same response I left to one of your other posts in that I have the gallery displaying on top of the menu per those instructions but they don't seem to cover adding the gallery to the header area. So I guess one would say that it's' working? My problem is that I've been spending all day trying to resize header images only to find that they don't appear "fluid" in the browsers and on under different resolutions. They appear cropped in FF AND in IE. Maybe I need to change the title of this thread as my images are sized at 1300w x 232h yet they appear too big at 1024x768 and 1280x1024. Am I missing something here?

Last edited by marvinc; Jan 28, 2010 at 06:47 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 07:12 PM
marvinc

9 posts · Jan 2010
I tried setting my min and max values to 1000 & 1300. No luck! The images still don't fit to the width of the screen.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 07:49 PM
marvinc

9 posts · Jan 2010
Nevermind as I'll remove the NextGen change and rotate the images with the javascript option. Please close.