Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to move the categories top menu?

Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:00 PM
jdtfk

9 posts · Jan 2010
Hey forum.
First of all great theme, its one of the best I've ever worked.

What I want is to move the menu to the right, but not to the FAR right. Lets say 3/4 of distance. Not center. Not right. Its more like an in-between.

I'm using the %cat-center because it's the best one for my case: It doesn't fill the menu bar with the blue color.

All my files are locally. Let me know if you need something or if I upload the site or something.
Thanks in advance

Oh: WP version is 2.9.1, and Atahualpa 3.4.5

EDIT:
Ok I searched the forum and I found a solution: to add this code
Quote:
div#menu2 { margin-left:400px;}
to CSS Inserts.

The problem, is that I want the distance from the menu to the right border stayed fixed. Right now it floats around, because it uses the center as reference.

I would have to use the %cat-right and add a margin-right. BUT it would color the whole menu bar, and I don't want that. Any ideas? please

Last edited by jdtfk; Jan 26, 2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 11:20 AM
jdtfk

9 posts · Jan 2010
Solution thanks to JuggleDad.

1. Changed the menu to %cat-right.
2. Add a css insert To give a right margin:
Quote:
div#menu2 { margin-right:25px;}
3. For the reorder: Homepage to be first to the left, check this thread:
//http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2838

And the order of the other items:
ATO->Header Area->Category Menu Bar->Sort Category Bar Menu by:
Order. Just follow the instructions.

Optional:
I wanted the background of the categories menu button to be colored, not the entire menu.
Solution:
Quote:
Add a css insert of:
div#menu2 ul.rMenu {
background:#557777;
}
Where 557777 = the color that the left part of the bar will be.