Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

NextGen Image Gallery & TinyMCE

Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:13 AM
bda

30 posts · Feb 2011
I'm trying to use the above Plugins with Atahualpa. Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought that the Description that I enter in the TinyMCE Editor would appear in my Gallery. I can customize the captions, but need more information for each image of a painting (size and media).

Am I just being obtuse? If TinyMCE doesn't do what I need - can you suggest something else?

thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The captions for NextGen are handled in the NextGen gallery options. Then to show them you have to use the caption template as outlined on the NextGen site.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 06:04 PM
bda

30 posts · Feb 2011
I think that I was using the wrong language in my earlier post. I wanted the Description to appear under the thumbnail. After searching around I found out that I had not put the JWImageRotator file in my NextGen plugin folder. Once I did that I saw the Description field under the Thumbnails and in the Slide Show.

Here's my final question on this topic: I'm using the NextGen default style (nggallery.css). Can you tell me where in this file I can change the font face, size and color of the descriptions that appear below the images when the slide show runs? At one point, in changing things I did get the font to change to Georgia (like the rest of the site). Damned if I know how I did it.

Thanks for you excellent help on this forum.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If atahualpa is affecting it, it would be in the image options. Try using firebug in firefox to examine the element and you'll see the CSS effecting it

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 23, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 07:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
How are you getting the captions under the images in a slideshow?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:55 PM
bda

30 posts · Feb 2011
I installed NextGEN. Then I installed the NextGen TinyMCE Picture Description plugin. This added a Description field in Manage Gallery. Then I copied the JWImageRotator.swf file to the Plugin folder (as per a blog posting that I read). After this last step, I could see the text I added in the Description field below the thumbnail images and when I see the enlarged image.

I think that is how I'm seeing the descriptions under the images in the slide show. Can't think of any other way that they are getting there.

Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:04 PM
bda

30 posts · Feb 2011
I just figured out that if I add the following to nggallery.css I get the desired font.

p {
font-family:Georgia,Times New Roman, serif;
font-size: .9em;
}

Now if I can only get the captions lined up correctly I'll be over this hurdle.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 09:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I'm confused. You say you have the captions under the image thumbnails and when they are enlarged. I though you created a slideshow and a slideshow can't be enlarged. What is the shortcode you are using in your post or page?

I am asking all this because the only way I know of to get captions under images is to use template=caption as a shortcode attribute.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:13 PM
bda

30 posts · Feb 2011
Yes, I have used template=caption as a shortcode attribute. At this point, I have captions under the thumbnails that come from the Alt Text/Title field in Manage Gallery and the Description field appears under the larger image when you run a slide show. This works for me and the client who is an artist and wants to be able to show the painting size and media for each painting.

Hope this clears up the confusion.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 10:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Yes it does. Thanks. I was hoping I had not missed info about a plugin for easily adding text under a thumbnail.