Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

favicon not going into the root directory

Old Nov 19, 2010, 06:36 PM
ochayemin

9 posts · Nov 2010
I created a favicon that has a transparent background.

When I put the favicon in the 'images/favicon' folder and then enter the file name into the relevant admin field, the favicon shows up in the browser tabs, bookmarks etc. as it should, but the background is always white.

When I manually copy the favicon into the root directory of my web site (and make no other changes - the admin is set up as described above), now the favicon shows up in the browser tabs with the correct transparent background.

Is this expected behavior? I'm just wondering if I tripped over a bug in how the theme handles favicons. I'm using version atahualpha 3.4.9