Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Static page will not display content

Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:31 PM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
I can't seem to figure out why my static page doesn't display any content that I add, whether text or plugins.. http://pineknotfarmandlab.com
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
Is your front page displaying a static page or the blog page?
Does your blog page work?

The page generation is ending mid stream. This means something you have added is causing a problem. It could be bad code in a post, a bad plugin, bad code in a widget.

Did the site ever display the pages?
If yes, what did you do before it stopped working?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:22 AM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
I am using 3.4.4. Atahualpa and 2.9.1 wp. I have disabled all plugins and the problems began when I started implementing a static front page and a separate blog page (called the Cellar).
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well without seeing what you have in those pages, there is not much I can do except tell you to look at your sites error.log and you will probably find a php error.

If you need off forum consulting, I am avaliable for hire, send me a PM
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:46 AM
siefert

21 posts · Dec 2009
What is PM
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
PM = private message click on any members name and a popdoen list should show up - one of the options is to send a private message
Old Jan 20, 2010, 02:33 PM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
Problem
I, too, am experiencing the same problem on a previously working site: Static front page no longer displays content, from me or generated from plug-ins.

The ATA settings were good and set by Thanksgiving (USA), so I don't think ATA is directly the problem. I am wondering, however, if WP upgrade to 2.9, then 2.9.1, changed a setting or corrupted a table. Not sure.

An added wrinkle, I noticed the problem after a flurry of posting activity during the holidays and cannot pinpoint exactly when the problem started. However, I am inclined to think it started after the WP upgrade.

Attempted fixes:
-Switch front page from static to posts and all works well. Except I don't want posts first, I want the static page.
-disabled every single plug-in, all at once. No change.

Environment
ATA:3.4.4
WP: 2.9.1

What I will do next:
Unpublish posts from mid-December to 20 Jan 2010
Old Jan 20, 2010, 02:55 PM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
Ruled out ATA by switching to WP default theme. Same empty 'About' page.
Also unpublished posts, as noted in earlier post.

Nothing changed.

Huh. I may have to roll-up my sleevies.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 03:00 PM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
Sorry for extra posts.

Other attempted fixes

Created a new static front page. Nope.
Reverted to an earlier version of the page. Nope.

And, checking the site using the default theme, the page that should display, the 'About' page, does display. It is just empty, displaying only the title.

Not experienced at debugging WP. So it looks to be a fun time playing whack-a-mole.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:32 AM
gomer

19 posts · Oct 2009
OH, USA
siefert, I figured out my site's problem and, hopefully the fix works for you, too. An added wrinkle, content was missing not only on the front page but also site-wide.

The problem is the plugins. Noted earlier, I ruled-out plugins b/c, even disabled, content was still missing. Turns out, deactivating plugins is not always enough, sometimes resetting them is necessary. To reset, check this link: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/304472

All a reset involves is:
  1. deactivating all plugins
  2. log-out of WP
  3. using FTP, rename plugins folder to say, plugins.hold
  4. create a new, empty, plugins folder
  5. logon to WP admin, verifiy plugins list is empty
  6. log-out of WP
  7. from FTP, delete empty plugins folder and rename plugins.hold to plugins
  8. logon to WP admin

This completes the reset.

At this point, all plugins have status of deactivated. Next, verify site works. Then, reactivate each plugin, one at a time, until the site breaks again. For my site, the faulty plugin was UpcomingEvents. Probably corrupted as it worked fine prior to WP upgrade.

This whole process took less than 10 minutes.