Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Google maps API

Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:08 PM
KMJ

22 posts · Oct 2012
[SOLVED] Google maps API

This theme doesn't seem to allow Google maps browser API, which Google now requires to allow sites to display their maps.
I have tried several map plugins, and found a Google API key, but it still fails to show maps. I don't have this problem on another site using Weaver theme, so it seems to be Atahualpa problem.
Any suggestions please?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 04:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
where are you putting the API key?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 04:52 AM
KMJ

22 posts · Oct 2012
I tried 2 or 3 plugins that require the API key, which I put into the plugin form as they require.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
1) what version of Atahualpa and WP?
2) what happens if you temporrallary swap to the twenty-sixrteen theme - does the plugin work?
3) what plugins
4) where did you put the plugin
5) what is your url
6) please attach an export of your settings (ato->export/import settings)

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 24, 2016 at 05:11 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you must be doing something wrong on teh google side. I just installed the plugin 'WP Google Maps', created and validated the api and it's running fine.

NOTE: It took over night for google to verify the site, but it is working fine.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:24 AM
KMJ

22 posts · Oct 2012
Thanks for taking the time to look at this.
I do have it working now, and it was probably a Google thing. Oddly enough, I got the Google API sorted by using IE instead of Firefox!! On FF I got error messages and hanging etc. Also I found the Google system incredibly difficult to make sense of.
We can close this now, thanks.