Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Page Categories?

Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:10 PM
12stepbuddhist

13 posts · Aug 2010
With my old theme I had pages with sub pages such at Media Room. Under each page were only the sub pages that were relevant. But now I can't seem to figure out how to duplicate this. If I switch out the theme to test it I'll lose work in this theme. What I've tried so far:

Simple Tags with List Category Posts Plugin. It doesn't work.
Mesiak's Page Category. It doesn't work.
List Category Posts with names, tags, page IDs (which are actually post IDs).

The List Category plugin works fine for posts, but not for pages. And I do NOT want to go back and recreate all of my pages into posts. That would suck.

Solutions?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can switch back and forth to another installed theme if what you mean by "switch out the theme" is going to Appearance>Themes and activating another theme. I do that all the time for testing and then reactivate Atahualpa.

With the WP 3 menu builder you can create any kind of hierarchy you want for the menu.

Am I understanding you correctly?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:05 PM
12stepbuddhist

13 posts · Aug 2010
Hi. The switching isn't really the issue. I know that I hand coded the php in the older theme to query posts by some variable. But in this theme I just want to get it done, mainly the listing of pages in a certain category ON another page. I don't want menu hierarchies. I want a page to contain the links and excerpts and featured images (if possible) of the category under that parent page.

My Media Room lists many pages that should show up as links on the main Media Room page.

Best,

-d
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:50 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In that case what would probably work for you is the Query Posts page template that is available in the Gold Forums (requires a $20 donation) or you could check out the List Category Posts plugin.