Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Advanced Text Widget in Header Widget Area

Old Mar 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
jcooper

3 posts · Mar 2010
I created a widget area in the header, then I placed an Advanced Text Widget in the area. I tried to set the widget to only show in a particular page. This caused the widget to not show in any page. The feature does work in a side bar. It will show if set to show on all pages. What do I do now?

BTW, I am trying to have a unique text description of each page at the top of the page. I get the same description at the top of every page. This seems like it would be a common desire. Am I doing it the hard way?

Thanks, Jim
Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Can you post a URL to your site. I'm not sure what you mean by unique description.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 08:40 AM
jcooper

3 posts · Mar 2010
airstreamflyfish.com

The description Vintage Fiberglass Fly Rod appears at the top of all pages, but I would like a description unique to each page.

Jim
Old Mar 23, 2010, 10:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are a couple of ways that come to mind to do what you want. One is the plugin Widget Context or Display Widgets which let you select which pages your widget will show up on. The other, which puts a field in your page where you put the content you want to show up in the widget area, is Page Sidebars. The latter is kind of old but seems to work fine.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:12 PM
jcooper

3 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks Larry. It will be a couple of days before I can try these.

Jim