Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How show social icons above excerpt content in home page?

Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:01 PM
cvenegas

5 posts · Mar 2013
How show social icons above excerpt content in home page?

I´m using WP SOCIALIZER plugin trying to put social icons above each excerpt content in home page but the theme doesn't allows it. Any suggestion or any specific plugin that you can recomendt to do that?
Thanks!
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:11 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
I expect you'll need some custom php. This thread may help. Please post your results and the workable code.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:37 PM
cvenegas

5 posts · Mar 2013
Sorry but I'm not a PHP programmer. If somebody comes with that solution in future, please make it public. I think it could be very usefull because most themes allows that functionality... Thanks for your help
Old Mar 14, 2013, 02:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
first swap to twenty-twelve and see if you can get it working there on the home page. I couldn't. You might want to ask teh plugin developer or look for another plugin
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:24 AM
cvenegas

5 posts · Mar 2013
Ok, I have been trying with AddThis, a very popular and well developed plugin and the problem is the same. Reading on their support forum says that the plugin needs a the_excerpt or the_content function in the theme to "hook" in.

I made an experiment changing bfa_excerpt for the_excerpt in postformat.php and guess what... the plugin works in excerpts!... now I don't know if I'm messing someting with that change?

This is a very usefull feature in any theme with excerpts in home page so please tell me what is the right way to proceed.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 09:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can use the_excerpt() or bfa_excerpt() the difference is in the extra options bfa_excerpt() gives you.