Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Comments on "Page" pages bug

Old Jul 14, 2009, 10:39 PM
ricky119

7 posts · Jul 2009
when i enabled "Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?" in the theme setting.

then goto my wordpress control panel-->settings-->discussion, and enabled " Break comments into pages with comments per page and the lastfirst page displayed by default
"

I found that the last break comment page displayed all the comments(should be the number which i config in the wordpress, e.g=20), also include all the comments in the previous break comment page.
The previous comment page was ok(only display 20 comments)

I belive this was the theme issue, because when i try to change to another theme, the break comment page works fine.

Last edited by ricky119; Jul 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:43 AM
mrfroasty

8 posts · Jul 2009
Not sure if this has something to do with the theme, but no comment capability on pages....users can get comments only on posts....

Atleast what is happening on my site
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:51 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky119
when i enabled "Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?" in the theme setting.

then goto my wordpress control panel-->settings-->discussion, and enabled " Break comments into pages with comments per page and the lastfirst page displayed by default
"

I found that the last break comment page displayed all the comments(should be the number which i config in the wordpress, e.g=20), also include all the comments in the previous break comment page.
The previous comment page was ok(only display 20 comments)

I belive this was the theme issue, because when i try to change to another theme, the break comment page works fine.
Just to be sure, this works on the other theme with comments on static pages, right?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfroasty
Not sure if this has something to do with the theme, but no comment capability on pages....users can get comments only on posts....

Atleast what is happening on my site
You can enable this at Style & configure comments -> Allow comments on "Page" pages, too?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:20 PM
ricky119

7 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Just to be sure, this works on the other theme with comments on static pages, right?
definitely
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:22 PM
ricky119

7 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
can we fix it in next version?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 04:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I tried to replicate this with 3 pages of comments (3 comments each page) on a static page and did not have this issue, on wp 2.8.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.3 (not released yet but should be same as 3.4.2 in the comment area)

What is your Wordpress and Atahualpa version and what are all your settings at WP admin -> Settings -> Discussion?