Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Remove Comment URL Box on 3.6 and change "leave a reply" to "leave a comment"

Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:38 AM
MWilson

5 posts · Jan 2011
On older versions of Atahualpa I was able to remove the "website" box on the comment form with instructions I found on this forum. With 3.6 I can't find the same code to remove in the same files as before. How can remove the website box in 3.6?

I suggest adding this as a theme option. For a lot of people that aren't bloggers the website box is confusing to them. A lot of them end up putting my website in there or an email address or something like n/a, which I have to go in and edit manually.

Also in the older versions I was able to change "leave a reply" to "leave a comment". But can't find where to do it in 3.6. A lot of people think the comment box is a form to contact me and don't realise it is for public comments. With "leave a comment I get more actual comments and more people actually going to my contact page to contact me instead of trying to send me personal emails through a comment.

Last edited by MWilson; Feb 1, 2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Never got an answer so I edited parts that might have been confusing
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:30 PM
MWilson

5 posts · Jan 2011
Anyone know how to remove the "website" box on the comment form?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) edit 'comment.php' and find the following lines (lines 99-100 in version 3.6.1)
HTML Code:
	'url'    => '<p><input class="text url" id="url" name="url" type="text" value="' . esc_attr( $commenter['comment_author_url'] ) . '" size="30"  tabindex="3" />' . 
				'&nbsp;&nbsp;<label for="url">' . __( 'Website' ) . '</label></p>'
and change them to
HTML Code:
	'url'    => ''
2) to change 'Leave a Reply' change the text on line 124
HTML Code:
	'title_reply'          => __( 'Leave a Reply' ),