Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Inserting flashfader into header

Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:23 PM
Nancye50

2 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Flynn,
I'm new to coding wordpress blogs and so far I'm really excited about customizing your theme! I'll be doing site for photographers and they're wild about flash slideshows.
I'd like to put flashfader into the header but can't figure out how to do it. I've attempted to follow the directions you gave another member by inserting my flashfader php code above/below the header configuration code in the header file and turning off the %image in the Header configuration area but that didn't work.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
The code I'm attempting to insert it is:
PHP Code:
<?php include (ABSPATH.'wp-content/flashfader/flashfaderhtml.txt'); ?>
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:33 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You could put this into header.php below

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>

but are you sure that the extension of the included file is .txt ?

Last edited by Flynn; Apr 22, 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Changed "this into index.php" to "this into header.php". Thanks, juggledad.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 07:43 AM
Nancye50

2 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for your response, Flynn.

I copied the php code for the flashfader code. There's a text file at that path. What would you expect it to be instead of .txt?

I'm not finding the header config file in the index.php. The only time I see the header referenced is:
PHP Code:
<?php get_header(); ?>
I sure hope I'm not wasting your time by just missing it but I don't see it!
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I think Flynn must have been tired when he said index.php, I'm sure he meant header.php
(don't forget to give him a donation!)