Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Blank space between footer and page end

Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:02 PM
Vayaz

2 posts · Oct 2010
Hello,
it seems like there is an odd space on my website, right between the footer and the supposed page end. It looks as it did when I set padding-bottom for the body, but that is already set to 0.

I was trying to make both bottom and top dock directly to the end of the screen, just as the top is right now. But, oddly, for the bottom it just does not seem to work, whatever paddings or heights or margins I try to adjust.

I've been reading through these forums for almost 6 hours now while trying to figure out what the problem is. Therefore, any help is much appreciated!

Edit: Issue solved by the last posting of lmilesw. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Vayaz; Oct 25, 2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
First check in ATO>Body. Text & Links and make sure there is no padding in the Body Style box.

Then go to ATO>Style & edit Footer and set the Sticky footer on short pages to Yes.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:43 AM
Vayaz

2 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for your quick reply. I had already set those 2 options, though. This is how my Body Style Box looks like:

As I have written it looks exactly like if I had typed "padding-bottom: xx" in there, even though I did not do so.

Another odd thing I noticed: If I add "padding-top: any number", the result is immediately visible (as it should be), therefore "padding-top: 0" (or nothing at all) does exactly what it is supposed to do.
However, doing so for "padding-bottom" does not seem to do anything at all, unless I enter values from 25 upwards (in which case the space becomes even bigger, of course). So, whether there is a small padding set (below ~25) or none at all, the result is all the same: This small blank space I'm trying so hard to get rid of.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I did a little testing and your issue is related to the box shadow CSS3 property in CSS Inserts.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 01:26 PM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Send a message via Skype™ to Carme
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
First check in ATO>Body. Text & Links and make sure there is no padding in the Body Style box.

Then go to ATO>Style & edit Footer and set the Sticky footer on short pages to Yes.
Hi,
I had the same problem and I follow yours intructions and I don't know the reason , it didn't work for me , I'm still have the same big space between the footer and the end of the page.
Any other suggestion?
I would appreciate some help,
Thanks

Carme
Old Jun 7, 2012, 06:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this thread is two years old.
What version are you using and what is the URL?