Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Version 3.4.2 and Featured Content Gallery

Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:26 AM
kpowers70

1 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] Version 3.4.2 and Featured Content Gallery

I've tried everything, Javascript set to external, PHP editing, featuring more than 2 items. I can't get the gallery to show up. Does anyone know of any alternative content sliders or can give me a step by step to make FCG work?
Old Sep 24, 2009, 04:58 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Try these changes to the FCG code:

In FCG's jd.gallery.js.php

replace

fadeDuration: <?=$fcg_fade_duration ?>,
with
fadeDuration: <?php echo $fcg_fade_duration ?>,

and

delay: <?=$fcg_delay ?>,
with
delay: <?php echo $fcg_delay ?>,

and

defaultTransition: '<?=$fcg_default_transaction ?>',
with
defaultTransition: '<?php echo $fcg_default_transaction ?>',

and

textShowCarousel: '<?=$fcg_button ?>',
with
textShowCarousel: '<?php echo $fcg_button ?>',

Also, you'd have to put the

PHP Code:
<?php include (ABSPATH '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>
code directly into one of the theme files, e.g. into index.php right below

PHP Code:
get_header(); ?> 
Putting the FCG code into one of the Atahualpa theme option text areas messes up the LOOP. The FCG display works, but the remaining content, e.g. page content or posts on the page doesn't get displayed.

If all this doesn't help, try replacing in FCG's gallery.php, all

$post->ID with get_the_ID()

Old Oct 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Hello! I followed these directions, but when I load the updated index.php file suddenly my blog posts show on every page.

Advice?

http://www.mercyemsdsm.com

Last edited by blueprairie; Oct 27, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 08:08 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Is this still happening? I don't see it on your site
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:35 AM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for responding. I did get it figured out. Have a great day!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 05:01 AM
sweeper240

71 posts · Jun 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to sweeper240
Hi Flynn,

I am attempting to make Featured Content Gallery work. www.pauloberle.com/stltheta.org/

but i want the gallery in a php sidebar widget. Does that break the loop?

Apparently its doing something bad because if I have that php widget active I can't see a sticky post that should be at the top of the homepage.

Thanks,

Paul
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:40 PM
sweeper240

71 posts · Jun 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to sweeper240
I switched over to dynamic content gallery, had a few issues, but got it working

www.pauloberle.com/stltheta.org
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:29 PM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I think because I have a newer version of Featured Content Gallery, Flynn's code doesn't match up to the files that are there now. I posted about not being able to get this to work here-
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5372

I have
Version 3.2.0 of the plugin,
Or maybe I am just being dense.

The file jd.gallery.js.php is said to be inactive, and the code doesn't look the same. It has-
<?php
include("../../../../wp-load.php");
$fcg_button = get_option('gallery-fcg-button') != '' ? get_option('gallery-fcg-button') : "Featured Content";
$fcg_fade_duration = get_option('gallery-fade-duration') != '' ? get_option('gallery-fade-duration') : 500;
$fcg_delay = get_option('gallery-delay') != '' ? get_option('gallery-delay') : 9000;
$fcg_default_transaction = get_option('gallery-default-transaction') != '' ? get_option('gallery-default-transaction') : "fade";

?>

Last edited by lucy; Jan 28, 2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:48 PM
blueprairie

98 posts · Feb 2009
I tried hard to make FCG work and eventually got frustrated. Then I tried Dynmanic Content Gallery and it worked perfectly for me, right after activation. http://www.studiograsshopper.ch/dyna...ntent-gallery/. You may want to try it and see if it does what you want. You can see it on my ATA site at www.mercyemsdsm.com.

Good luck!
Old May 26, 2010, 11:14 AM
andyro

19 posts · Dec 2008
california & canada
I'm trying to do the same with Dynamic Content Gallery, I've followed the setup instructions here: http://www.studiograsshopper.ch/dyna...uration-guide/ - but I can't determine where I should place the php to call the plugin - index.php? bfa_hor_pages.php? Can I not add the php to the css inserts area so that I am not hacking Flynn's theme files?

I only want the featured posts to appear on a single static page called 'portfolio' that has the ID '801' per:

<?php if( is_page('801') ) {
dynamic_content_gallery();
} ?>

When I dropped this into the index.php, the gallery showed up, but in a weird left corner under the footer. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm trying to replace autoviewer on this page with dcg: http://plusplus.ca/portfolio/

BTW - it also works well in a PHP widget - but can I get a widget to appear in the body of a page somehow? (using widget logic to exclude all but the desired page)

Last edited by andyro; May 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:19 PM
andyro

19 posts · Dec 2008
california & canada
OK - solved - as above (first reply by Flynn in this thread), paste:

<?php if( is_page('801') ) {
dynamic_content_gallery();
} ?>

Directly under: 'get header' at top of index.php - and it shows up in the right place!