Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget woes

Old Sep 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
anishinaboy

8 posts · Jun 2010
Hi,

I am trying to create a new widget area for a banner ad but am having difficulty.

Here is my site.

I would like to either put a banner either above the whole container, in the darker blue above the header/logo area.

Or I would like to have a banner that stays above the posts, in the center column.

I have tried to create a new widget area to place the banner in the center column (by placing the new widget area in the HEADER AREA like so: %logo %pages %cats <?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>) but it made the latest headline link with the banner ad.

And when i tried to create a new widget area above %logo it simply doesn't show up.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 03:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You have the following code in your post
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>)
Is the parenthesis at the end a typo? The code should look like
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>
You can put this code where you did or you could try adding it to the top of your page as desired by putting it in the "HTML Inserts: Body Top box" in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:15 PM
anishinaboy

8 posts · Jun 2010
The parenthesis is a typo. i tried both of your suggestions but each time it messes up something. Usually what happens is everything in the header suddenly links to where the banner should.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps it is a code conflict.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 08:32 PM
anishinaboy

8 posts · Jun 2010
In that case, is it possible to make the HEADER IMAGE link to an outside site, essentially making it the banner ad? As it stands, it only links to 'home' when activated.

Thanks for you help, by the way.

Last edited by anishinaboy; Sep 17, 2010 at 08:46 PM.