Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Frontpage slideshow

Old Mar 20, 2010, 05:22 PM
arothafel

19 posts · Mar 2010
WP: 2.9.2
Atahualpa 3.4.6

This may be a stupid question as I'm new to WP and Atahualpa, but....

Can the Frontpage Slideshow plugin be used for just the header and NOT the page or post?

And, if so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Art
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:51 PM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
you can try this...

in the FPS settings page there's a section to grab some php code and insert it into a template. Take that code and try entering into the "Style and edit Header Area" ------> "Configure Header Area" of ATA.

Rashell
Old Mar 21, 2010, 06:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Good idea. Let us know if you try this. I would love to see how it plays out.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:02 PM
CastorTroy

4 posts · Dec 2009
It's definitely possible. I just did it today on my blog: http://www.anomalousmaterial.com/movies/

You need to create a widget area in the header. It will take you an hour or two to make things right but it's definitely not very hard.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 03:31 PM
diamonddrillbitsxihyp

1 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorTroy
It's definitely possible. I just did it today on my blog: http://www.anomalousmaterial.com/movies/

You need to create a widget area in the header. It will take you an hour or two to make things right but it's definitely not very hard.
could you explain it a little bit more ? Beam Trolley
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:44 PM
CastorTroy

4 posts · Dec 2009
You need to go to the atahualpa theme options and go Sidebar & Widgets > Add new widget area. There it is explained how to create new widget areas anywhere on your template. Once you have created the new widget area, copy paste the shortcode [FrontpageSlideshow] into the widget.

For the plugin to work, you need to create a new category and put the post you want in the slideshow in that category. Have a picture in each post that you want featured in the slideshow as the plugin automatically picks the first picture of the post automatically.

Finally, choose any transition but "fade" and in "about default link", select "if no link is specified, use the slide url". The custom forms in the edit post area do NOT work.

Tweak and test, tweak and test, it's not too hard.