Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Links in Header

Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:04 PM
Neoqueenhoneybee

6 posts · Oct 2009
Links in Header

Issue 1
I would ideally like to have a transparent horizontal menu within the image section so I can link to static pages; something that expands with the page and still allows the rotating header images. I made a mock up of what I'm going for.

http://preciousmiseries.com/images/blog/blog-menu-mockup.jpg

I'm not sure how possible that is, but any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Issue 2
I have gone through a previous post about links in headers and have made a menu (that looks like the page menu) for external links. Unfortunately when I disable the %pages the style of the external menu is removed as well. (I want to eliminate the default page menu)

I used the below code in my header.php to make my menu.
Code:
 <div id="menu1"><ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">
<li><a href="link">Link Text</a></li>
</div>
I was wondering which of the codes (if any) in the post I read still applies to Atahualpa 3.4.4?

Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:20 AM
Neoqueenhoneybee

6 posts · Oct 2009
And I don't know that this should matter, but I donated via paypal the other day; it would be under the name GroWings.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well, the last post in that thread was on Feb 1 2009, and that was with Atahualpa 3.2 - 3.3.1 didn't come out till March 30 2009.

What you can do is replace %pages with the code you specified at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area

the nice thing about doing it there is it will carry forward thru theme updates and you won't have to go back and change the code again.

HINT: put %pages in first, then look at the generated source of the page. Copy the format of how the menus are generated and build yours based on that. That way, the other theme options that effect the menus will apply.