Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] WP 3.1 Theme 3.4.4 Menu Fixed Width Broken

Old Mar 17, 2011, 08:30 PM
rsinghal2000

3 posts · Mar 2011
[SOLVED] WP 3.1 Theme 3.4.4 Menu Fixed Width Broken

I just upgraded to WP 3.1 and the menu bar has stopped displaying correctly.
It used to display a fixed width and now shortens to the length of the text in the menu.

See the website for what I mean. http://www.saveamother.org

any quick fix?

I can also upgrade the theme, any suggestions on a stable build?

thanks!
Rahul
Old Mar 17, 2011, 10:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look in the New Versions and Updating forum for bug fixes related to your version of Atahualpa. WordPress made a change to the menu code in 3.x which requires some changes to the Atahualpa code. You could move to just about any version but you should still apply the bug fixes for that version. Also it is suggested to use the manual upgrade procedure so you can switch back to your current version in the event you have any issues. And of course make a backup before starting as mentioned in the instructions for the manual update.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:13 PM
rsinghal2000

3 posts · Mar 2011
There are a lot of threads in that forum.

I tried searching for 3.4.4 and 344 with no luck in the thread.

I also looked for "menu width" with no luck.

Any suggestions on search terms? or a specific stable version to upgrade?

thanks,
Rahul
Old Mar 17, 2011, 11:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would first try moving to 3.6.4 and apply the bug fixes. If you have any issues (Suhosin for example) you could opt for 3.5.3. Again use the manual upgrade procedure as outlined here so you can switch back if necessary.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 12:41 AM
rsinghal2000

3 posts · Mar 2011
Thank YOU!!!

While I was working through the upgrade and manually applying fixes, I ran across the solution to the exact issue, published by JuggleDad http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7654

This line needs to be added in the proper location, see the above link.
$list_pages_string = preg_replace("/<ul class='children'/","<ul",$list_pages_string);

Rahul